Tuesday, March 8, 2016

s'more fun….

Who doesn't like s'mores!?! We are currently working on a "fire-pit" area. We have a nice gas fire-pit… but what I mean about us working on it, is I have all these plans for the area, and the chairs around it. The chairs are a whole other post, that when I get that post done, I will place a link in here for it! But back to S'mores….
I decided to create some permanent roasters…. I didn't want to use wired coat hangers, sticks from the back yard, or any other make shift item that we use then throw out. Plus, I wanted them cute! lol 
I bought two 4ft 3/4 diameter wood dowels. I cut eight 6" pieces out of each rod. This gave me 16 handles. I wanted to make this many, for parties, sleep overs... we would have plenty of roasters! I then bought eight 3ft galvanized rods (non threaded). I cut all of these in have, so 18" each. I took all my my roaster handles and drilled a 2" hole on one end of each handle. Then using Gorilla Glue, I glued each rod into a handle. After the glue dried, I had each of my kids paint their own roaster, and I painted one for Ben & I .... then painted the rest of them. On our personal ones, we have our named on them, and a few of them have cute sayings like, "I'm On Fire", "S'more Fun", and "Boomer Sooner" ...of course! To do these little sayings, I found little stickers at Hobby Lobby... I would paint a small area that I wanted the letter coloring to be, then after that part dried, applied my saying on top of that paint.... then painted over the stickers, and decorated the roaster how we wanted them. After the paint completely dried, remove the stickers, and your saying looks great! I then sprayed them all with a  clear coat, to seal the paint. 

* We have used these several times, and I can say when you go to wash the sticky marshmallow off the roaster, you need to dry the skewer part immediately, or they will rust. 


No comments:

Post a Comment